• The ACT is reopening its 190 program with about 500 available places for the remainder of 2018-19 Financial Year
• The Canberra Matrix is benefit to Canberra based and not first in, best dressed as with the previous system
• The ACT Government will have practice runs for issuing invitations etc in December 2018, January and February 2019 before moving into full operational mode.
Key points to note
• There will be no requests for further information (applications not complete will be refused)
• If the documents provided at the application stage do not support the information provided in the Canberra Matrix, the application will be refused
• There are no waiver provisions
• The ACT Government will not respond to requests for special treatment based on
- Expiry of English language results, skills assessments
- Change of age
- Visa expiry, etc
• ACT Government will not respond to requests about an individual’s ranking, selection or invitation process
Once I receive the final guidelines and the occupation lists, the MIA will release them to members.
The ACT Government has agreed to hold an online information session for members. MIA Education will release details of the webinar in due course.