Partner Visa
  • Partner 309/820/100/801
  • Prospective Marriage 300

New migrants often ‘fall in love’ with someone from their home country and want their partner to join them in Australia.  Overseas students sometimes ‘fall in love’ with an Australian and want to stay with them.

The partner visa allows the partner or spouse of an Australian Citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen to live in Australia.  The eligible sponsor can sponsor their partner or spouse initially for a provisional visa leading over time to permanent residence. 

If the visa applicant is overseas, the applicants can apply for a provisional sc309  and permanent visa sc100 will be applied and the VAC for both the applications will be paid at the same time. After completion of two years of the lodgement of combined application,  permanent sc100 partner visa will be processed with additional documentation proof of ongoing and genuine relationship.

With the initial application, there should be documentation to prove the relationship is ongoing and genuine, committed to each other, sharing responsibilities and finances and so on. 

If you need guidance on how to write or assess your relationship statement, you can contact us.