Do I need to use a migration agent to lodge a visa application?

Visa applicants are permitted to lodge their own applications. But if you are not familiar with the requirements and the regulations, then it’s always better to lodge an application using a registered migration agent.

All registered migration agents who are operating in Australia must have a registered MARN number and you can always find out more information about migration agents by visiting the website of the government’s Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA):

To protect yourself against fraud by migration agents always check the agents MARN number.