New visa point system for the Skilled Migration starting from 16 November 2019
Few weeks ago, we had received news on some of the changes that are going to be implemented from 16 November 2019.
Last week, we had published about the abolishment of the visa and the new visa subclass that are going to be introduced soon.
This blog is based on the new point system that will be implemented from November 2019 for the General skilled Migration.
The new point system changes are as follows:
- 15 points for applicants nominated by the state or territory or sponsored by a family member who is residing in the regional Australia. (only for sc491 visa)
- 10 points for the applicants who do not have a spouse or a de facto partner
- 10 points for having a skilled spouse or de facto partner
- 10 points for having STEM( Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) qualifications
- 5 points for applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who has a Competent English skills
Apart from the points system, there will be some changes on receiving the invitations as well.
If the points system are same, the invitations will be ranked in the following order:
- Applicants with a skilled spouse or de facto partner or an applicant without a spouse or a de facto partner to be considered first in the order
- Applicants with a spouse or de facto partner who has proof of Competent English will be considered second in the order. Note the applicant must not have the skills to claim for skilled partner points
- The last range of applications to be considered are the applicants with a partner without the skilled or competent English language skills.